About the Awards
The Resonate Awards honor outstanding achievement in renewable energy and sustainability-focused science and technology.
The goal of the awards is to shine a light on up-and-coming innovators under the age of 40 with new contributions to the field of sustainability science. An ideal honoree’s work charts new pathways or opens up new areas to solutions with long-term impacts on sustainability challenges such as energy security, climate change and the environment.
Drawing on Caltech’s legacy of innovation, the Resnick Sustainability Institute seeks to empower next-generation pioneers around the world by recognizing their contributions to sustainability across all disciplines rooted in the sciences and technology.
2017 Nominations closed on Sunday, January 15, 2017. Check back in Fall 2017 for 2018 nomination information.
Nomination Components Include
- A one page research summary. Include how the nominee's research, project, or innovation is original and potentially world-changing. Describe what grand challenge in sustainability it addresses, and its potential impact in terms of benefit to society and/or potential commercial success.
- CV including list of publications
- A nomination letter
- Not less than two additional letters of support
- Internal review panel comprised of Resnick Sustainability Institute leadership performs preliminary investigation of the nominee
- Successful nominees are notified that they are being considered for an award and a phone or videoconference interview with Resnick Sustainability Institute leadership is organized
- 12 finalists are selected by the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s internal leadership team
- Advisory Panel evaluates finalists and selects up to 4 winners
- The Resonate Awards are intended for innovators from all over the world who may have been recognized by their peers, but not by more general communities.
- Potential impact of the work to change the balance of the world’s sustainability/change the world.
- Creativity and originality of the idea.
- Nominee’s ability to articulate their work and its importance to a broad audience and serve as an ambassador of sustainability science.
Rules, Conditions & Details
- Nominees must be under age 40 as of 11/1/2016
- The awards are international; recipient(s) can be of any nationality
- All submissions should be made electronically via the online nomination portal no later than 1/15/2017 at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific).
- The Resnick Institute is the sole sponsor of these awards.
- All press releases should be approved by the Resnick Sustainability Institute before being published.
- All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners will be selected in Spring and announced in Fall 2017, at the Resnick Young Investigators Symposium. Following the Symposium, winners will be honored at a private reception.