About the Awards
The Resnick Sustainability Institute's Resonate Awards honor breakthrough achievements in energy science and sustainability. The goal of the Awards is to celebrate innovators with new ideas or contributions to the field of sustainability that may not already have gained widespread attention. The work can be from many fields including science, technology, economics, public policy or others. An ideal honoree’s work charts new pathways or opens up new areas to solutions with long-term impacts.
The Resonate Awards seek to draw attention to significant strides innovators are making in the grand challenges facing humanity, within the context of achieving global sustainability. These challenges include meeting the world's energy needs sustainably, providing water and food for a growing world population, providing a healthy environment, and improving people's access to the resources they need to live a productive life.
The first group of honorees will be presented at FORTUNE’s Brainstorm GREEN in May 2014. Honorees will be acknowledged and have their work highlighted at this premier event for global leaders in sustainability and technology, also taking part in special breakout sessions about their areas of expertise.
By shining a light on these seminal achievements, the Resnick Sustainability Institute hopes to empower the solutions and innovators bringing us closer to a sustainable world.
- Nominate someone or yourself by filling out our nomination form by November 11, 2013 (extended from October 13, 2013)
- In the summary statement box describe the innovation highlighting how it is original and potentially game-changing. Describe what grand challenge in sustainability it addresses, and its potential impact in terms of benefit to society and/or potential commercial success. (Must NOT exceed 250 words).
- If you wish, provide links to any relevant websites/publications/articles about your nominee.
- Internal review panel comprised of Resnick Sustainability Institute leadership performs preliminary investigation on nominee
- Successful nominees are notified that they are being considered for an award and a phone or videoconference interview with Resnick Sustainability Institute leadership is organized
- 12 finalists are selected by the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s internal leadership team
- Judging Panel evaluates finalists and selects up to 4 winners
- The Resonate Awards are intended for innovators from all over the world who may have been recognized by their peers, but not by more general communities.
- Potential impact of the work to change the balance of the world’s sustainability/change the world.
- Creativity and originality of the idea.
- Nominee’s ability to articulate their work and its importance to a broad audience and serve as an ambassador of sustainability science.
Rules, Conditions & Details
- The awards are international; recipient(s) can be of any nationality
- Awards will be presented at a special awards dinner held in conjunction with FORTUNE’s Brainstorm GREEN.
- All submissions should be made electronically via the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s website: They must be received no later than 11/11/2013.
- Resnick Leadership includes the Resnick Faculty Board, Advisory Council, Resnick Graduate Research Fellows and Staff.
- The Resnick Institute is the sole sponsor of these awards.
- All press releases should be approved by the Resnick Sustainability Institute before being published.
- All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners receive a trip to FORTUNE Brainstorm GREEN 2014 that takes place in Laguna Niguel, CA, where they will present at the conference and be honored at a special awards dinner.
- The Resnick Sustainability Institute staff and judging panel will work with the winners to provide mentorship, exposure and opportunities in line with the goals of their work.
- Winners will participate in a video shoot documenting their achievements and receive copies suitable for their marketing purposes.
- Winners become members of the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s Society of Innovators, which will help guide the future direction of the Awards.