About the Awards
The Resonate Awards honor outstanding achievement in renewable energy and sustainability-focused science and technology.
The goal of the awards is to shine a light on up-and-coming innovators under the age of 40 with new contributions to the field of sustainability science. An ideal honoree’s work charts new pathways or opens up new areas to solutions with long-term impacts on sustainability challenges such as energy security, climate change and the environment.
Drawing on Caltech’s legacy of innovation, the Resnick Sustainability Institute seeks to empower next-generation pioneers around the world by recognizing their contributions to sustainability across all disciplines rooted in the sciences and technology.
- Nominate someone or yourself by filling out our nomination form. 2016 nominations open on Monday, September 14, 2015 (12:00 a.m. Pacific) and close on Friday, November 20, 2015 (5:00 p.m. Pacfic).
- In the "About the Nominee's Work" box describe the innovation highlighting how it is original and potentially world-changing. Describe what grand challenge in sustainability it addresses, and its potential impact in terms of benefit to society and/or potential commercial success. (Must NOT exceed 250 words).
- If you wish, provide links to any relevant websites/publications/articles about your nominee.
- Internal review panel comprised of Resnick Sustainability Institute leadership performs preliminary investigation on nominee
- Successful nominees are notified that they are being considered for an award and a phone or videoconference interview with Resnick Sustainability Institute leadership is organized
- 12 finalists are selected by the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s internal leadership team
- Advisory Panel evaluates finalists and selects up to 4 winners
- The Resonate Awards are intended for innovators from all over the world who may have been recognized by their peers, but not by more general communities.
- Potential impact of the work to change the balance of the world’s sustainability/change the world.
- Creativity and originality of the idea.
- Nominee’s ability to articulate their work and its importance to a broad audience and serve as an ambassador of sustainability science.
Rules, Conditions & Details
- Nominees must be under age 40 as of 11/20/2015
- The awards are international; recipient(s) can be of any nationality
- All submissions should be made electronically via the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s website: They must be received no later than 11/20/2015 at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific).
- Resnick Leadership includes the Resnick Faculty Board, Advisory Council, Resnick Postdoctoral Scholars, Graduate Research Fellows, and Staff.
- The Resnick Institute is the sole sponsor of these awards.
- All press releases should be approved by the Resnick Sustainability Institute before being published.
- All questions should be directed to email@example.com
- Winners will be announced in Spring or early Summer 2016
- Winners become members of the Resnick Sustainability Institute’s Society of Innovators, which will help guide the future direction of the Awards.