Thursday, December 6, 2018
9:30 am to noon | 1:30 to 3:00 pm
Resnick Fellows Seminar Day
Join us at the BIA for research talks presented by Resnick Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellows! All are invited to attend!
- 9:30 am | Coffee in the Courtyard
- 10:00 am | Haohua Huo PhD (Fu Group)Sustainable New Reactions for Making Molecules with a Specific Chirality
- 10:30 am | Ying Shi Teh (Bhattacharya Group) Modeling Photovoltaic Effect in Multi-Domain Ferroelectric Perovskites
- 11:00 am | Qin "Arky" Yang (Atwater Group)Large Enhancement of WS2 Photoluminescence in Two-Dimensional Perovskite – Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Heterostructures Due to Carrier Injection
- 11:30 am | Chandru Dhandapani (Blanquart Group) Direct Numerical Simulations of Turbulent Flames to predict Combustion Behavior of Alternative Fuels in Jet Engines
- 12:00 | Lunch Break (Unhosted)
- 1:30 pm | Kurt M. Dahlstrom PhD (Newman Group)How Do Microbes Choose Their Neighbors?
- 2:00 pm | Xiaomei Zeng PhD (Faber Group)Microstructural Exploration of Solid-state Electrolytes for Dendrite Suppression – Towards Reliable Mechanical and Electrochemical Performance
- 2:30 pm | Christopher J. Reed (Agapie Group) Water Activation by Molecular Models of the Biological Water Oxidation Catalyst
This event is free and open to the Caltech Community. No RSVP required and seating is on a first come, first served basis.Abstracts