For Incoming First-Year Caltech Graduate Students
The Resnick Institute provides an annual fellowship to an incoming first-year graduate student showing excellent potential in the field of sustainability science or sustainable energy science. The recipient is selected from nominations made by the Admissions Review Committees representing each option on campus. The fellowship provides full tuition for the year and a stipend of $32,000 for academic year 2014-2015. Please contact the Resnick Institute or the Caltech Graduate Studies Office for more information.
For Current Caltech Graduate Students
The Resnick Institute awards research fellowships to outstanding graduate student researchers with projects that chart new paths in renewable energy and sustainability science. Selections are made by a Faculty Review Committee and based on application, project presentation, and interview. The fellowships offer students the opportunity to explore new directions in sustainability focused scientific research by covering tuition and providing a stipend of $32,000/year for academic year 2015-2016. We anticipate awarding two fellowships per application period.
The application period is now closed. Check back in late August 2015 for information on the next call for applications.
Students must have completed at least their first year of graduate study by June 2015 to be eligible. Prior to submission, support for the applicant's research topic must be obtained from at least one, and preferably two Caltech faculty members.
Applications should include a project title and short abstract (200 words or less), a two page research proposal, the applicant's CV, and the names of supporting Caltech faculty. Please read the application guidelines and feel free to contact us with questions. Letters of support from Caltech faculty members (minimum of one) should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn About Our Current Fellows
Resnick Prize Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainability Science
The Resnick Sustainability Institute Prize Postdoctoral Fellowships were created to engage outstanding recent graduates in projects that explore new directions in sustainability focused scientific research at Caltech. The Fellowships are intended for exceptional young scientists and fellows will be selected on the basis of their academic achievement and the promise of their scientific research.
Resnick Fellows will have support for up to two years to work on creative, cross-catalytic research that complements the existing work of the Caltech faculty in sustainability science, or that creates new research directions within the mission areas of the Resnick Sustainability Institute.
The application period is now closed and will reopen in early fall 2015
- Candidates for 2014 Resnick Sustainability Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships should have received their PhD within five years of starting the appointment.
- Candidate must secure a commitment from one or more Caltech faculty members to serve as a mentor and to provide office/lab space for the two-year fellowship. Please contact the Resnick Institute at email@example.com if you need help in connecting with appropriate faculty.
- Candidates may have received their degrees at any university in the world. Foreign nationals are eligible, though proficiency in English is required.
- The California Institute of Technology is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of $65,000 plus benefits and a $6,000 allowance per year for travel and research costs. A one-time $3,000 relocation allowance is also provided.
Applications and all supporting documents must be uploaded by the TBD 2015 deadline.
Supporting documents include:
- A cover letter with a short summary of past work and current research plans
- Research plan outlining proposed work (maximum 5 pages, references counted seperately)
- CV including list of publications
- 3 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the sponsoring Caltech faculty member
The Institute will notify applicants to confirm receipt of completed application. Candidate interviews will be conducted, and decisions will be made in January and February 2015 for applications submitted in fall 2014.